14. Do I have to allow extra heat for pumps and valves?
If the surface area of the pump is substantially greater than that of the adjoining pipework then extra heating cable may need to be considered (depending on wattage of cable installed). Pumps and Valves may be traced with extra heating tape to allow removal of the Valve or Pump.
15. Do you carry out installation work?
ESH Trace Heating Ltd offer a full Installation and Commissioning service carried out by experienced Trace Heating Engineers.
16. Can you design a full trace heating system for me?
Utilising our in-house design facilities ESH Trace Heating Ltd can design your complete trace heating requirement.
17. Can you design and make a specialised heating jacket for me?
ESH Trace Heating Ltd's full design capabilities can be utilised to manufacture from simple sketches, supplied technical drawings through to comprehensive site survey and complete prototype mold construction.
18. Do you make products for hazardous areas?
ESH Trace Heating Ltd hold approvals for manufacture of trace heating products for use within hazardous areas.
19. Does my trace heating system require maintenance?
Generally, no maintenance of our trace heating systems is required but it is recommended that the system is checked for operational and electrical integrity periodically or prior to the winter or production run, depending on application.
20. How do I test my trace heating is working properly?
System checks depend on the system installed, constant wattage systems can be fully checked for Insulation Resistance and Continuity. Self limiting systems can only be checked for Insulation Resistance. For assistance on system testing please contact ESH.